We’re looking for an IT Apprentice to handle various IT-related tasks. You’ll need to have some knowledge about working on different information technology systems and programs. Also, you’ll need to follow the instructions given by the IT managers and work accordingly.
Your job involves installation and maintenance of various IT software programs. You will also need to troubleshoot these systems as and when required. In order to get into this position you will need to have thorough knowledge about the subject.
IT Apprentice Duties & Responsibilities
An IT Assistant is required to manage various tasks within our business. Some of your job duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- work under the IT manager and follow his instructions
- provide IT-related assistance to your colleagues from other departments
- figure out IT-related issues and work to resolve them
- need to give training to colleagues on new programs or technology
- help ensure the security of the data present on the network
- install and help maintain various IT programs and software
- troubleshoot IT-related issues arising in general use
- reformat the computer networks, as required
- ensure that assigned tasks are completed on time
- stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the Information Technology field
- be switched on!
IT Apprentice Skills & Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required to become our IT Apprentice are as follows:
- have good knowledge of IT systems, preferably Apple Macintosh OSX10.7+
- have some exposure to telecoms (eg Cisco or snom)
- have good analytical skills and an eye for detail
- be interested in preparing documentation
IT Apprentice Education & Qualifications
The educational qualifications needed to succeed in this position may include:
- GCSEs in Information Technology, Mathematics, ICT, English
- an interest in Information Technology is a distinct advantage
- you may work towards your NVQ Level 2/3 qualification
If you’re interested in becoming an Apprentice with Nationwide Utilities, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, or ring us on 020 3475 2000 to find out more.
Address: 148-150 Penwith Road, Earlsfield, London SW18 4QB
To find out more about apprenticeships, please visit apprenticeships.org.uk where you can find further information about what it means to be an apprentice and answer to any questions that you may have.