The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) is responsible for developing internationally recognised codes of best practice for operational processes across every industry. ISO Standard is a voluntary international standard that applies to organisations of any size. We can help with the following ISO management systems that relate to energy and carbon.
ISO 50001 - Energy Management System
ISO 50001 provides requirements for establishing, managing and improving their energy consumption and efficiency.
- Assists in evaluating and prioritising the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies and in improving energy efficiency, energy use and consumption.
- Creates transparency and facilitates communication on the management of energy resources.
- Promotes energy management best practices and behaviours and provides a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System
An environmental management system is comprised of the policies, processes, plans, practices and records that define the rules governing how your company interacts with the environment.
- Environmental impact
- Management Responsibility
- Resource Management
- Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
ISO 14064 - Greenhouse Gases
ISO 14064 provides a framework for GHG accounting and verification to organisations looking to quantify and reduce GHG emissions.
- Provides principles and requirements for quantifying and reporting an organisation’s carbon footprint.
- Provides principles and requirements for quantification, monitoring and reporting activities that create GHG reductions or removals.
- Provides principles, requirements, and guidance for individuals conducting or managing verification or validation of organisational carbon inventory reports or project-level assertions.