Nationwide Utilities have gained over 20 years experience managing energy for a one of the largest global data centres.
Nationwide Utilities is one of the most experienced UK market leaders in data centre energy procurement, with over a decade of experience managing energy for one of the largest global data centre organisations who have expanded vastly during this timeframe.
We understand that data centre energy demand is an industrial-scale operation, with security of energy supply and back up generation the main priority, as well as ensuring effective risk strategies are applied for energy trading.
Whether you manage an independent data storage facility or require colocation services, our team's proactive approach to data centre energy management can help optimise your costs.
How can we help?
Our procurement specialists can call upon their sector expertise to provide innovative energy solutions that help to reduce running costs whilst ensuring the supply to your critical systems is constant.
Our holistic approach begins with an initial power audit during which perform an in-depth analysis of your site set up to provide you with a comprehensive overview of the services that will best compliment your business model.
Data Centre - Energy Services
Procurement and Contract Management
- Risk management and procurement strategies.
- Framework and supply contract set up, negotiation and advice on supplier legal terms.
- Advice on third party charges, including CCL exemptions.
- Contract management including supply, MOP & DCDA and export agreements.
- Bureau services including invoice validation and cost forecasting.
- Risk management & intelligent forecasting to ensure energy costs are kept sustainable.
Energy Management & Reporting
- Capacity management & reporting.
- Identifying additional Demand Side Response revenues.
- TRIAD Management and load shifting.
- Evaluation and advice on local network distribution charges.
- Advice on EU and government schemes affecting energy usage at data centres.
- Supporting and leading tenders for battery storage and renewable technology assets.
- Networks and new connections.
“We have been very impressed with the excellent service that we receive from Nationwide Utilities. They supported us through the transition from our previous suppliers and have created significant savings for us. We were looking for an energy broker who we could trust to find the best utility deal on our behalf and provide a strong after service. We have definitely received this from Nationwide Utilities.”
“Nationwide Utilities have helped us to cut our energy costs and we have been so impressed that we have passed on referrals.”
“We had not used an energy broker before and looked at a few before choosing Nationwide Utilities. We are happy with them and as such have never had to change broker. Alex and David came across as gentlemen who know their business and their presentation of the products was excellent. They certainly met our expectations and where anything was not as we expected, Alex took the trouble to review, sort out and deliver. I would recommend Nationwide Utilities, without any hesitation.”
“Nationwide Utilities has helped us save money through procurement at a number of international locations and provides excellent energy management support. Whilst working with Nationwide Utilities, we’ve found them to be very professional and they always respond quickly whenever we have a question.”
“BrightHouse have achieved significant savings working in partnership with Nationwide Utilities. They keep the procurement process simple and don’t charge the high fees experienced with other brokers.”